Hello foodies………how are you? Because of my health, I couldn't write any blog for so many days. I was missing you all badly! Well, now I'm quite ok and looking for new recipes.
It is Spring in India and Holi is knocking the door, as well as on our heart! We all become colorful in this season! Holi brings with itself, the sweet and colorful taste of the spring. So, I am thinking about to share a special recipe for this occasion! Today, I’m going to share a recipe, Rash Bara, which was originated in Odisha, but very popular in Bengal. Try it these Holi; I’m sure, it will rock!
- Urad (Biuli) Dal - 1/2 cups
- Mouri - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 1 cup sugar
- Water - 1 and 1/2 cup
- Oil - to deep fry
- Soak urad dal in water for overnight.
- Grind with minimum water and make a smooth paste.
- Add mouri to the mix.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Oil must be steaming hot.
- Turn heat to medium settings. Make round balls from the batter and deep fry till golden brown.
- Drain oil and soak the fried baras in the sugar syrup 10-15 min. till they turn juicy and soft.
Process for Syrup:
1. In a heavy bottom pan bring 4 cups of water and sugar to a boil. Stir so that the sugar does not get burnt at the bottom.
2. Once it comes to a boil pound, let it simmer on medium flame till its thick.