Here is the last recipe for today. Fish Fry is a popular snack in West Bengal. You can find it in the menu of almost every Bengali marriage-party. 'Fish Diamond Fry' is a variation of 'Fish Fry', a very famous delicacy in ‘Mitra Café’ – one of oldest and nostalgic restaurant in Kolkata!
Try this recipe, it’s really awesome………..
Fish Diamond Fry
- Bhetki Fillets: 5-6
- Ginger Paste: 1 tbsp
- Garlic Paste: 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice: 2tbsp
- Parsley (finely chopped): 1 tbsp
- Coriander (finely chopped): 1 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder: 1tbsp (optional)
- Eggs: 2
- Black Pepper Powder: ½tbsp
- Bread Crumb: 200 gm.
- Salt: To taste
- Refine Oil: for deep fry
- Wash the Bhetki fillets and give them big diamond shape with knife. Marinate the fillets with lemon juice and salt and keep aside for 15-20 min.
- Take a medium sized bowl and add the ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, red chili powder, black-paper, coriander, parsley, 1 egg and some salt to it. Mix it well.
- Now add the fish fillets in the same bowl and marinate it well for at least 1hr.
- After 1 hr. remove the marinated fillets and add another egg to it. Mix well.
- Take a tray or a large dish and spread the brad-crumb widely.
- Now, transfer the fillets one by one to the bread-crumb bead First and roll into it. After coating, give the fillets a gentle shape, using the blunt-side of a knife.
- Take a frying pan over the gas oven and add the oil as you need to deep fry.
- Now deep fry the fillets over a medium flame till they turn brown in color.
- Serve hot with salad.