Hey foodies! How are you? What’s your plane for the winter? It is my favorite season and I have so many planes! Yeppiii…..
I’m going to share with you a Bengali recipe today, which is perfect for the lunch or dinner in this winter! Try it and share your experiences……
Mutton Curry with potato in Indian Style
Potato (medium size):- 2 pieces
Onion (slice in fine pieces):- 3 pieces
Ginger paste: - 2tablespoon
Garlic paste: - 2tablespoon
Tomato (slice in four pieces):- 1piece
Curd:- 1/2 cup
Red Chili Powder (if you want):- 1/2teaspoon
Kashmiri red Chili Powder: - 1 teaspoon
Cumin Powder: - 1teaspoon
Coriander Powder: - 1teaspoon
Turmeric Powder:- 1/2teaspoon
Bay leaves: - 2pieces
Cinnamon sticks: - 2pieces
Cloves: - 5-6pieces
Green cardamoms: - 3-4pieces
Mustard / Refined Oil:- 1Cup(150gm)
Sugar: - 1 /5teaspoon
Ghee: - 1teaspoon
Salt: - to taste
- Wash the mutton and marinate with curd, all powders, onion, ginger, garlic, ½ of 1cup oil & Salt before cooking for at least 30mins.
- Full heat the rest of oil in a heavy bottom pan& fry the potato till brownish and set aside.
- In the same oil pour in the bay leaves and fry till it smell.
- Add marinated mutton in it and cook for 5mins.
- Add ¼ cup water, tomato and sugar in it & stir well. Cover with a lid and cook on slow heat for few minutes
- When the mutton half cooked, add potatoes and about 150ml of water (or as you want the thickness of curry) and mix well.
- Cover and let it cook for 10-15 minutes on low flame.
- Take it off the flame and add coarsely crushed cinnamon, cloves and green cardamom when the potato well cooked.
- Drizzle spoonful ghee just before serving.
- Serve hot with Rice or Polao or Roti or Paratha.
* You may use Pressure Cooker. In that case; wait for 3 whistles before add potato and 2 whistles after adding potato.Rest of the recipe remain same.
Tips of the day
- Always use warm water to mutton; it will increase the taste.
- Make a paste with honey, fresh cream of cow-milk and 1-2 drop of lemon-juice and apply to your fresh to get soft and glamorous skin in this winter.
Question of the day
Q3. The name of which spice comes from the French words meaning 'nail of the gillyflower'?
Q4. Fill in the blanks and write the word: C_ _B_ _ E.Question 1. Ans. Tamil & Telugu.
2. Ans. CAULIFLOWER.
**Please Note: Many of you didn’t follow T&C properly; please do, otherwise, you will be disqualified. Click here to know the rules: Terms and Conditions.
Time to say good bye now! Next post will be published on 18th November; till then…..take care and be happy! Namaskar.