Helloo foodies! How are you? Hope you all are enjoying the Navaratri.
Today, I am going to share a special recipe of Bengal. Try it…..I’m sure you will love it!
Chingri-Paturi (Baked Prawn in Pumpkin leaves)
- Prawn (Medium size):- 250grms.
- Green Chili: - 4-5
- Coconut (grate):- 1/2 cup
- Poppy seeds (posto):- 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds: - 2 tbs.
- Turmeric Powder: - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt: - to taste
- Pumpkin leaves: - to need
- Normal thread to Tie
- Dress and wash the prawns, marinated with little bit of turmeric powder & Salt for 5-10min.
- Grind together the coconut, green chilies, Poppy seeds and Mustard seeds to make a fine paste, adding very little water and keep aside.
- Mix the paste, salt and oil with the prawns and marinated for 30 mins.
- Now, fold 1 or 2 prawns in bed of bed of Pumpkin leaves. It should be tied nicely with thread.
- 5.Heat the Non stick Pan with Mustard oil and Keep the tied prawns on the Pan and over slow flame of Gas.
- Both the sides should be fried till Brown. Remove it from fire and take it out.
- Serve it with hot Rice or Polaw.
Tips of the day
- Sometimes, scratches on furniture become very tough to repair for us. Rub mayonnaise into scratches on furniture with your finger, let it stand, and remove with a soft cloth. For a deep scratch, break a walnut or pecan meat in half, and rub the scratch with the broken side of the nut.
- Sunburn is for injurious for our skin. Make a paste of Haldi (Turmeric) with a little raw milk and lemon juice. Apply it on the skin; it will help in removing a tan.
Question of the day
Q2. Tell me friends, if you will not able to find pumpkin leaves in your kitchen, then what will be substituted to it?
Question 1. Ans. i) “
God comes to the hungry in the form of food”.
That’s all for today. Enjoy the festive season with your family and friends. Happy Navaratri to all of you my friends. Namaskar.