Hello lovely foodies! How are you? It's now time for new recipe! Here is a Bengali recipe, called 'Macher Kalia', exclusively for you.
Kalia is a very rich preparation of meat; originated in Bangladesh. A lot of oil or ghee with a spice sauce are used to make the dish. It’s usually based on ground ginger and fresh shallots pasted or fried along with a tempering of garam mashala. But, now, people make this dish not only with meat, but with fish or boiled egg also. The preparation of the dish becomes quite light to digest easily!
Try it and please will give me your feedback. Here we go……
Recipe of the day
Macher kalia (fish in red curry)
- Fish (Rohu or any solid fish): - 500gm.
- Onion (slice in fine pieces):- 2 piece
- Ginger paste: - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic paste: - 1/2 teaspoon
- Tomato (slice in four pieces):- 1 piece
- Green chili: - 3-4 piece
- Fresh Coriander: - 1/3 cup
- Red Chili Powder (if you want):- 1/2 teaspoon
- Kashmiri red Chili Powder:- 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder: - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder: - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder: - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Mashala Powder: - 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard / Refined Oil: - 1 Cup(150gm)
- Sugar: - 1/5 teaspoon
- Salt: - to taste
- Wash the fish and marinate with Turmeric Powder & Salt before cooking.
- Full heat the oil in a pan & fry the fish till brown.
- In the same oil that was used to fry the fish, pour in the onion .
- When the color of onion should take up a bit of brownish, add the ginger paste, garlic paste, tomato & fry for 2-3 min.
- Add ¼ cup water, all the powders of ingredients, salt, sugar & cook for 2-3 min.
- Add the fried fish, green chili and mix well.
- Add about 2 cup of water and stir well.
- Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Take it off the flame after 10 minutes. Add the garam mashala powder and mix well. Cover it for 5 min.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with Rice or Polaw or Fried Rice.
Tips of the day
1. Friends, do you know that lemon is natural bleach? To protect your skin from sun-burn, mix lemon-juice (1/3) with cold milk (2/3) and apply it to your face. Stay for 5min, wash with cold water and see the magic!
2. To get a brand-new look of your mirror, spray water on it and clean with any paper; it will be sparkling again.
Question of the day
Why we usually marinate the fish with Turmeric Powder & Salt before cooking?
Question3. Ans. KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken); headquartered in Louiseville, Kentucky.
Time to go now! Please share your thoughts about the blog with me. If you want any special recipe, feel free to write. One more thing, I will be not able to post in next 12 days. So, we will meet again on 16.09.2013! Till then, good bye………take care. Namaskar.