Helloo foodies! How are you? Hope you enjoy my recipes. Today, I’m going to share a traditional recipe of Bengal. Try it and tell me how that is…..
Recipe of the day
- Gobinda Bhog Rice or any flavored rice: - 1cup
- Potato (medium size):- 4 piece
- Ginger paste: - 1tablespoon
- Tomato (slice in four pieces):- 1 piece
- Green chilies: - 2 pieces
- Cumin Seeds: - 1/2teaspoon
- Red Chili Powder (if you want):- 1/2 teaspoon
- Kashmiri red Chili Powder: - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder: - 1/2teaspoon
- Coriander Powder: - 1teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder: - 1/2teaspoon
- Bay leaves: - 2 pieces
- Green Cardamom: - 2 pieces
- Cinnamon: - 1 inch.
- Cloves: - 4-5
- Mace (jaitri):- 1/6 tsp.
- Cashew: - 4-5
- Raisin: - 9-10
- Oil: - 1Cup(150gm)
- Ghee (if you want):- 1teaspoon
- Sugar: - 1/3teaspoon
- Salt: - to taste
- Wash the rice very well, drain the water and keep aside.
- Cut the potatoes in cube pieces. Crushed the green cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, mace and keep aside.
- Full heat the oil in a pan and add the bay leaves, cumin seeds and crushed garam mashala one by one and fry for 15-20 seconds. When it smells, add the potatoes, turmeric powder and salt in it and mix well.
- When the color of potatoes should take up a bit of brownish; add the rice and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Now, add the ginger paste, tomato and green chili and fry again for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup water, all the powders of ingredients, and sugar in it & cook for 2-3min.
- When it becomes dry add about 2 cups of water and stirs well.
- Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Take it off the flame and add the ghee when the potato well cooked.
- Serve hot with Rice or Roti or Paratha.
Tips of the day
1. Sometimes, it’s very difficult to chop raisin. The easiest way to chop raisins; sprinkle some flour over them so they don't stick. Cut with a small kitchen scissors as required.
2. A tsp. each of ginger juice and honey to be warmed and taken just before sleeping, to bring relief from severe cough. Repeat every night for a week.
Question of the day
Where is the rice originated from?
Question 6. Ans. Shri Dharma Sastha temple; a Hindu temple, located at the village Sasthamcotta
, Kerala, India.
That’s all for today. Take care of your family and yourself. Namaskar.
See my other blog: http://koyelischakraborty.blogspot.in/