Hello my foodies! How are you? I’m really sorry for the delay to the post! In West Bengal, we have heavy rains for last 3 days and for the reasons, Internet has made so many problems! Hope, it will be ended soon.
Friends, today is the Birthday of Lord Krishna! To celebrate the ‘Janmashtami’, I’m going to share a special recipe which made especially for Krishna in West Bengal. Try it now for your Nanda Lala…..
Recipe of the day
Taler Bara (Palm fruit pakora)
- Tal (Palm fruit): 1 piece (medium size)
- Banana: 10pieces
- Coconut (grated): 4 cups
- Coarse flour: 4 cups (250gm.)
- Sugar/Suji/Rice flour: to taste
- Refined Oil: for deep frying
- Remove top portion of fruit &
tear out the fibrous portion, kernels will come out.
Pour some water on kernel; rub it on some sieve or grater to squash out juice which will be thick consistency.
- Now add all above ingredients to the juice of palm and mix very well. Mixture should be of dropping consistency.
- Heat the oil in a deep fry-pan or karhai.
- Take a small amount of mixture and drop in oil in form of small ball. Similarly add more balls.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Serve to Lord Krishna when these become cool.
Tips of the day
1. Always add pinch of salt to hot oil before frying anything; it resists scattering of oil.
2. Put 3-4 piece of cloves or long to the container of sugar; it protects the sugar from ants.
Question of the day
Which is the 5th Avatar of Krishna? and why he did appear in this Avatar?
Question2. Ans. White Vinegar.
Well, friends; time to go for today! We will meet next Friday with a new recipe and question. Answer correctly and follow T&C, posted in the page………exiting prizes are waiting for you! Take care. Enjoy the 'Janmshtami'! Namaskar.