Helloo foodies! Today, I’m going to share a recipe of a very popular and famous snacks of Bengal. Try it……I know. You will fall in love with it!
Recipe of the day
Aloo Ki Chop (Potato Patties in Indian style)
- Potato(small size): - 4 pieces
- Gram flour (Besan):- 250gm.
- Onion(medium size) (cut in fine pices):- 2 pieces
- Garlic pest:- 2teaspoon
- Green chilli (cut in small pices):- 2-3 pieces
- Red chilli Powder (if you want):- 1/2teaspoon
- Cumin Powder:- 1/4teaspoon
- Coriander Powder:- 1/2teaspoon
- Mustard oil:- 2Cup(300gm)
- Salt:- to taste
- Boil the potatoes very well and make a mold with salt.
- Heat ¼ cup oil in a pan and fry the onions. When the color of onion should take up a bit of brownish, add garlic and green chili. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add potato, all powders, and salt in it and mix very well.
- Cook for 3-4 min and then keep aside and let it cool.
- Divide the potato mixture into equal lemon sized balls and flatten them with your palm.
- Take a big bowl. Put gram flower, water and salt in it mix well so that no lumps remain. Remember; take water to need to make a thick batter so that it coats the stuffing nicely.
- Add 1 tsp of hot oil while making the batter.
- Heat the oil for deep frying.
- Dip each flattened piece in the batter and deep fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot with chutney or ketchup .
* This preparation would taste best when have with Muri (puffed-rice).
Tips of the day
1. If you want to keep biscuits fresh for a longer time, put a piece of blotting paper at the bottom of the container.
2. To keep vegetables fresh for a long time, wrap them in aluminum-foil and place in the refrigerator.
Question of the day
Tell me friends, which ingredient from our kitchen makes the chops more crunchy; if you add a pinch of it in the batter?
Question 5. Ans. Fishes are marinated with Turmeric and Salt before cooking to avoid the growth of bacteria which is the cause of rotten the fish. Also, marinating increases the taste of fish and gives a good color to the fried fish.
That’s all for today. Please give me your feedback about the blog. Take care. Namaskar.
See my other Blog: http://koyelischakraborty.blogspot.in