Hi foodies! My next recipe for ‘Nababarsha’ is ‘Chicken Rashida’! It is a famous dish of a ‘Dhaba’, located beside a highway in our city. I have learned the recipe from their Punjabi cook. He told that this dish was originated in North India! It is one of favorite dishes of my hubby! Try it; I think, you will love it, too…….
- Chicken (boneless): 300gm.
- Egg: 2
- Ginger Paste: 3tablesp.
- Garlic Paste: 1 tablesp.
- Coriander Leaves (chopped): ½ cup
- Tomato Puree: ½ cup
- Chilli Powder: 1 tablesp.
- Turmeric Powder: ½ tablesp.
- Garam masala powder: 1 tablesp.
- Sajira: 1/3 teaspoon
- Vinegar: 3 tablespoon
- Fresh Cream: ½ cup
- Cashew nut (crushed or paste): ½ cup
- Cooking Oil: 3 tablesp.
- Salt: to taste
- Marinate the chicken with salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, vinegar and leave it for at least 30 min.
- Beat the eggs very well in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan and add in the sajira seeds.
- Stir a few times.
- Then add onion in the oil and fry till golden brown.
- Now, add the tomato puree in it and blend well.
- Add the chicken and garam masala and cook for 5 min; stir continuously.
- Now add little water in it and cover it for cook on a low heat till the chicken is tender.
- Keep checking the dish while it is cooking if the curry dries keep adding a little water.
- Now, move the chicken cubes to one side of the pan and add the egg into the middle of the pan and mix it with the chicken.
- Add the cream and the cashew nuts; simmer for a minute and take off the heat.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with naan, paratha or BAKARKHANI.