Hello foodies! Here is so hot weather in India and it will continue upto July-August! So, from today, I am going to share some ‘Summer Spacial’ recipes; which are healthy and appropriet for Summer…..
Lau-Bory (Gurd with pulse cakes)
- Gourd (small size): 1 piece
- Potato(medium size): (cut into small pieces): 2 piece
- Medium Size Bari/Bori(Sun Dried Small Pulse Cakes): 8-10 pieces
- Ginger paste: 1 tablespoon
- Tomato (slice in four pieces): 1 piece
- Green chilies: 2 pieces
- Coriander leaves: ½ cup
- Cumin Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder:- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Bay leaves: 2 pieces
- Cumin seeds: ½ teaspoon
- Mustard / Refined Oil: 1 Cup(150gm)
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: to tast
- Finely chopped the gourd, wash and take aside.
- Full heat the oil in a pan & fry Boris 1min. and set aside.
- In the same oil, add the bay leaves and cumin seeds, fry for 30-40 seconds.
- Now, pour in the potato, salt, turmeric powder and fry for 3-4min till it should take up a bit of brownish.
- Now, add the chopped Gourd and mix well.
- Add ¼ cup water, ginger pest, tomatoes, all the powders of ingredients, and sugar in it & cook for 2-3 min.
- Again add ¼ cup water and fried Boriss and mix well.
- Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Take it off the flame and add the coriander leaves when the potato well cooked. Cover it for 5 mins.
- Garnish with green chilies and coriander leaves and serve hot with Rice or Indian plain Roti.
Tips of the day
Homemade face packs are the best summer tips for face. You can use sandal and curd mixture, Aloe Vera gel, cucumber slices and tomato juice to clean up your skin. You will sense the glow on your skin then!
Do not fry paneer, immerse it in boiling water to make it soft and spongy.
That’s all for today. Soon I will back with a new recipe. Till then good bye…..take care. Namaskar.