Hello foodies! Hope you are doing well in this 'super-hot' weather! here is one more recipe to bit the hit for you! This a Bengali recipe; I learned it from my Mother-in-law. Try it and share your opinions..........
Jhinge Narkol (Ridge Gourd or Tori with coconut)
- Ridge Gourd (medium size): 4 pieces
- Coconut (grated): 2 cups
- Green chilies: 4-5 pieces
- Black Cumin: a pinch
- Mustard / Refined Oil: 2 tablesp.
- Sugar: 1teaspoon
- Salt: to taste
- Ridge Gourd, green chilies, salt, sugar and mix well.
- Add 1 cup coconut Finely chopped the ridge gourd, wash and take aside.
- Full heat the oil in a pan and add black cumin seeds, fry for 30-40 seconds.
- Now, pour in the and mix well.
- Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Take it off the flame and add the rest of 1 cup coconut. Cover it for 5 mins.
- Garnish with green chilies, coconut and serve hot with Rice or Indian plain Roti or Paratha.
*Jhinge or Tori or Ridge Gourd helps to beat the heat.
Tips of the day
1. So many times, during cooking, we are burnt by hot oil or heated utensils. Apply mashed banana over a burn on your body for cooling effect.
2. In rainy season, it is a big problem to keep chili powder fungus-free! Keeping a small piece of hing (asafoetida) in the same container will store chili powder for long time and fungus-free.