Hello dear foodies! Hope you all are doing well there!
In summer; we homemakers are facing so many problems to cook lunch of dinner! Because, our family members (even myself! LOL) not like most of the vegetables, common in summer. Pointed Gourd or Parwal is one of them! Whenever my hubby brings Pointed Gourd, I cook ‘Tel-Patol’ or ‘Patol Posto’ or ‘Patol Paneer’ or any ‘chatpata’ dish and the bowl always becomes empty! Today, I’m going to share the recipe of spicy ‘Tel-Patol’ and will share the all recipes, mentioned before in coming blogs! Here I go………..
Tel-Patol (Pointed Gourd) / Parwal in Oil
- Pointed Gourd (Parwal): 7-8 pieces
- Onion Paste: 2tablespoon
- Ginger paste: 1/2 tablespoon
- Garlic paste: 1tablespoon
- Tomato (chopped): 1 piece
- Green chilies: 5-6 pieces
- Curd: 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili powder: 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil: 1cup
- Sugar: ¼ teaspoon
- Salt: as per taste
- Wash and peel the pointed gourds well. Slightly cut every Pointed Gourd length wise (do not cut into two pieces).
- Marinate them with turmeric and salt. Leave it aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan. When it is warm enough, add the pointed gourds. Fry for 2-3 minutes and take the fried pointed gourds out of the pan and keep it aside.
- Now add the onion paste in the same oil and fried until it becomes golden brown. Then add ginger paste, garlic paste, tomatoes and mix well. Fried 2-3 min.
- Now, add some water, turmeric, red chili, cumin, coriander powder and salt and mix well. Then add the curd to it and mix again well. Let the curry cook till it starts oozing water.
- Add some water, the fried pointed gourds and green chilies; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes until the oil separates from the gravy.
- Serve hot with rice.