Hello foodies! After quite long time, I’m here! Hope you all are doing great and eating deliciously!
Every year, the month June and Monsoon comes together with so many happiness! It is a very busy and festive month for me. My Birthday and Marriage anniversary, both fall in this month. Also, Father’s Day falls this month as well. So, all the month I become very busy in shopping and cooking and of course in traveling! And so, I can’t manage enough time to blog.
Well, today I’m going to share two recipes, that I have cooked for my father in Father’s Day. My Baba is a big foodie and always loves to taste whatever I cook. Now he is 72 years old and his diet is restricted. So, I cooked Vegetable Pulao in a healthy way with Dam Aloo in Bengali style. Try it, I think you will love it………….
- Basmati Rice: 250gm.
- Carrot (chopped): 1piece
- Beans (slice in fine pieces): 5-6 pieces
- Peas: 1/2Cup
- Cashew nut: 10-12 pieces
- Raisins: 15-16 pieces
- Bay Leaf: 2pieces
- Refined Oil: 1Cup
- Ghee: 2 tablespoon
- Sugar: 2 teaspoon
- Salt: to taste
For Garam Masala:
- Green Cardamom pods: 4pieces
- Black Cardamom pods: 1pieces
- Cinnamon: 2-3 sticks
- Cloves: 4-6pieces
- Rinse rice well twice at least and soak in water for 30mins set aside.
- Grind the Garam Masala and keep aside.
- Heat ½ cup of oil in a thick bottomed vessel. Fry the vegetables and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil. Add the bay leafs and the rice and fry for 3-5min.
- Now, add the fried vegetables, cashew nuts and raisins and mix well.
- Then, add salt, sugar, four cups of water and stir well. Cover and cook until the rice is done on slow flame. Stir once a while. You may add water after rice will half done, if will need.
- Off the flame when the rice is well cooked and sprinkle the grinned garam masala and the Ghee and cover for 5 min.
- Serve hot with Aloor Dam or any Curry dish.
* Dam Aloo recipe is coming in a while with the next post!