Hello dear foodies! How are you all? Winter season just has ended for this year. And, my hesitation is back – what to cook today?? 😀
Many types of vegetables were available in winter and I had no fear for Varity of cooking. But, after winter, there are few vegetables in market, those my hubby likes! I know, now we can buy all the vegetables in all the year from shopping malls; but, I like to buy and eat seasonal veggies in their season. So, I am now experimenting on how to cook without vegetables!😛
last week, I have tried a new recipe with Brown rice, that can be eat without anything. Try it; you can cook it for the lunch box of your hubby or children!
Soya Mutter Pulao
- Brown rice - 1 cup
- Soya chunks (nuggets) - 1/2 cup
- Green peas - 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon (dalchini) - 1 stick
Cloves (laung / lavang) - 2
Bayleaf (tejpatta) - 1
Cardamom (elaichi) - 1
Chopped onions - 1 cup
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Chopped tomatoes - 1/2 cup
Garlic – 3 cloves
Whole red chillies - 3
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Ground the garlic and whole red chillies together and keep aside.
- Cook the soya nuggets with salt and 1 cup of water in a pressure for 2 whistles. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf and cardamom.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and prepared chilli-garlic paste and sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the rice and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Now, add the turmeric powder, garam masala, coriander powder, tomatoes, green peas, cooked soya nuggets and salt and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of hot water mix well and cover the pan. Cook in low flame till the rice well cooked.
- Serve hot.