Helloo foodies! Hope you all are very well in your life! How are you enjoying the Navaratri? Share your special recipes for Navaratri with me.
Today, as I promised, I am going to share a special recipe of Bengal for the ninth day of Navaratri, called Navami. Hope you like it!
- Mutton: 500gms
- Basmati rice: 500 gms
- Potato(medium size):- 2 pieces
- Onion (slice in fine pieces):- 3 pieces
- Garlic paste :- 2tablespoo
- Tomato(slice in four pieces):- 1 piec
- Curd:- 1/2 cup
- Red Chili Powder (if you want):- 1/2teaspoon
- Kashmiri red Chili Powder:- 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder:- 1teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder:- 1/2teaspoon
- Bay leaves:- 2pieces
- Mustard / Refined Oil:- 1Cup(150gm)
- Sugar:- 1/5teaspoon
- Ghee:- 1teaspoon
- Salt:- to taste
For Polao Masala (Special spice)
- Cumin seeds:- 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon stick:- 1 inch
- Cardamom:- 4pieces
- Cloves:- 5-6pieces
- Pepper:- 5-6 pieces
- Red chillies:- 2-4pieces
Roast all the on a pan, leave them for a while to cool down and them grind them to form a powder.
- Marinate the mutton with red chili, Kashmiri red chili, cumin, coriander and turmeric powders and salt while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Wash and soak the rice in water. Cut the potato in 4pieces and fry with turmeric powder and salt.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and season it with bay leaves. Add the onions in it and fry till they are golden.
- Add the tomatoes, minced ginger and garlic to this and cook on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Now add the marinated mutton and let it cook for 5-7 minutes on low flame. Cover with a lid and cook on slow heat for few minutes.
- When it cooks 3/4th, add the Masala you have made and stir.
- Let it cook for another 5 minutes until oil starts leaving the sides of the meat. Then add the rice to the pan.
- The basic premise of this recipe is that the rice has to be fried with the meat so cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add the beaten curd and potato and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes (not more).
- Add salt and 4 cups of water to it.
- Cover and let it cook for 10-15 minutes on low flame.
- Take it off when the rice well cooked.
- Drizzle spoonful ghee just before serving.
- You can garnish it with dry fruits but it is not mandatory.
- Serve hot with a salad and any chicken dish like Chicken Kasha or Masala (Spicey Chicken) or any vegetable dish like Aloor Dam (Potato Curry) on the side.
* You may use Pressure Cooker. In that case; cook the meat for the duration of 2 whistles.and 3 whistles after adding rice and potato.Rest of the recipe remain same.
Tips of the day
- To remove mud stains from clothes, soak and wash them in water collected after boiling potatoes. The stains will vanish!
- Always store nail polish bottles in the refrigerator to prevent the polish from drying up.
Question of the day
Q3. Tell me friends, what is the difference between ‘Biriyani’ and ‘Polao’?
Question 2. Ans. Banana Leaf
Many of you have written spinach or palak; but this recipe needs any hard leaf to fry the prawns properly.
It’s time to go now. Please share your opinions about the blog and recipes. It’s really very important to me. Thanks for your time. Take care. Namaskar.