Helloo foodies! How are you? I was busying in Laxmi Puja for last week; so couldn’t post new. Today, I am going to share a new recipe of Mushroom. Usually, we use Mushroom as one of the ingredients of Soup. Let’s try it in curry! Hope you like it…..
Mushroom Curry with potato
- Mushroom (slice in medium pieces): - 250gm.
- Potato: - 1piece
- Onion (slice in fine pieces):- 1piece
- Green chili: - 2-3pieces
- Garlic paste: - 1tablespoon
- Tomato (slice in four pieces):- 1 piece
- Red Chili Powder (if you want):- 1/2 teaspoon
- Kashmiri red Chili Powder: - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder: - 1/2teaspoon
- Mustard / Refined Oil: - 1/2Cup (75gm)
- Sugar: - 15teaspoon
- Salt: - to taste
- Wash the mushrooms with hot water before cooking.
- Full heat the oil in a pan. Add potatoes, salt and turmeric powder & fry for 3-4 min.
- Add onions and fry till brownish.
- Add garlic paste, tomatoes and fry for 3-4min more.
- Now add mushrooms, green chillis, sugar and 1/4cup of water in it and cook for 5mins.
- When it becomes dry add 1cup of water and stir well.
- Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Take it off the flame when the potato well cooked.
- Serve hot with Rice or Indian plain Roti.
Tips of the day
- Place some chopped onion in the vessel having burnt food, pour boiling water in it, keep 5 minutes and then clean.
- Keeping a small piece of hing (asafoetida) in the same container will store chili powder for long time.
Question 3. Ans.
1. Biryani generally has layers. 1. Pulao does not have layer.
2. Rice is cooked ¾ separately, 2. Rice is sauteed with other ingredients and cooked together.
then layered and dum cooked.
3. Biryani is very rich compared with pulao. 3. Pulao is comparatively light.
4. Biryani takes more time to prepare. 4. Pulao takes less time to prepare.
5. It is very much aromatic. 5. It is comparatively less aromatic and nutritious.
Time to go now! Take care and enjoy the weekend. Namaskar.