Helloo foodies! Are you doing well? Hope you have seen the results of last month. Congratulations once again to Geetha Sridhar, Shruta Padve, Latha Velagapudi, Meenakshi Kapoor and Kanchan(Harsha) Advani.
Today is a special day, that’s Gandhi Jayanti. As we all know, that, Mahatma Gandhiji was a vegetarian and love to eat fresh and healthy diet. Today, I want to share a recipe, which content one of his favorite veggie – Karela. Hope you like it……
Recipe of the day
Stuffed Karela (Bitter Gourd) Fry
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Category: Veg
- Bitter gourd (karela): 4peices (big size)
- Gram flour (Besan): ½ cup and 200gm.
- Oil: to fry
- Salt: to taste
For the Filling:
- Coconut (grated): 1cup
- Mustard seeds: 5tablespn.
- Poppy seeds: 5tablespn.
- Sugar: to taste
- Salt: to taste
- Take all the ingredients for filling together; make a paste from these and keep aside.
- Boil the bitter gourds well.
- Cut the bitter gourds horrizontally in 2 parts; and Remove the seeds from both parts.
- Now, Stuff the bitter gourds with the paste.
- Make a dough with the ½ cup gram flour and salt; and seal the karelas.
- Make a batter with gram flour and salt.
- Heat oil in a fry pan; deep the stuffed bitter gourds in the batter and fry till it becomes golden color.
- Serve with hot Rice.
Tips of the day
1. Sometimes, it’s very difficult to chop raisin. The easiest way to chop raisins; sprinkle some flour over them so they don't stick. Cut with a small kitchen scissors as required.
2. Place some soda bicarb open in a small shallow dish in the fridge. This will disallow odors of one dish mixing into another.
Question of the day
Q.1: Tell me friends, a famous quote of Mahatma Gandhiji about the relation between hunger and the God? (Give your answer before 4th Oct. 11.59pm.)
That’s all for today. Please give me your feedback about the blog and recipes. Take care of your family and yourself. Namaskar.
My other blog: http://koyelischakraborty.blogspot.com/2013/08/talk-about-india-from-india-with-you_15.html?spref=fb
Terms & Conditions for the "Foodie of the Month" and the 'Most Active Foodie of the Month':
1. Like the page 'From the Kitchen of an Indian Homemaker. https://www.facebook.com/pages/From-The-Kitchen-Of-an-Indian-Homemaker/190851134421986
2. Join the blog 'Glimpses of India with Koyeli' in Networked Blogs. http://koyelischakraborty.blogspot.com/2013/08/talk-about-india-from-india-with-you_15.html?spref=fb
3. Join the blog 'From the Kitchen of an Indian Homemaker' in Networked Blogs. http://koyelichakraborty.blogspot.com/2013/08/from-kitchen-of-indian-homemaker.html?spref=fb
4. Follow both blogs with GFC (Google Friend Connect, showing on the top at right side of both blogs)
5. Follow me in the Twitter. https://twitter.com/KoyeliC
6. Be active on both the blogs and the page and invite your friends.
7. Answer correctly to the questions, asked with every recipe (every week 2 question, Monday and Friday).
8. Judges has right to close the contest any time due to less participate or any other cause.
1. A month starts with 2nd and end with the last day.
2. Winner will be announced on 1st of every month.
3. Prizes will be shown between 25th-30 or 31.
4. Winner will be selected by a panel of judges, on the basis of the answers of the questions and the activity in the page and blogs (not only invites friends, as well as participation in activities).
5. If more than one candidate valid for win, we will choose winner by lucky draw.
6. The contests are only for Indian citizens.
All The Best