- Full cream milk: - 1 liter
- Refined flour (maida) - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice: 1
Calcium Lactate Powder: 1 teasp.
- Sugar- 2 cup
- Water- 2 cup
- Heat 1-liter milk in a pan. Once it starts to boil, pour in the lime juice or Calcium Lactate Powder and stir gently. The milk will curdle and clear whey will separate.
- Strain the chana or cottage
paneer in a muslin cloth. Wash under cold running water to get rid of the
lemony smell and then hang it for ½ an hour.
On straining this milk through a neat cotton cloth, the curd that is obtained is called "chenna".
- Knead chenna to make smooth dough. Add flour and knead again.
- Make small balls of equal size of the dough and keep aside.
- Now make sugar syrup.
- Mix sugar and water
in a saucepan and boil for 2 min.
- Add chenna balls to the syrup and cook for 15 minutes with lid partially covered.
- Chenna dumplings will puff up.
- You can add rose essence or cardamom powder for flavor.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
*You can eat it hot; it is delicious and very good for curing all kinds of dysentery.
Tips of the day
- Avoid cooking sour dishes (like tamarind based dishes) in a non-stick pan; because, the sourness will remove coating faster.
- When you cook in a handi, place a tawa (griddle) underneath to avoid dishes from burning.