Hello foodies! It's Independence Day and also 1st Anniversary of the blog! Hope you have enjoyed my recipes last year! As it's a special day, I have planned for something special for you. Firstly, today I'm going to share a unique recipe that can change your mood in a glance! Secondly, will start new giveaway and contest from tomorrow in the page! I just want to give you a token gift for the support and love, you have given during last 2 years. Thank you all, keep in touch always with me here and my other blog and page!
Let's go for the recipe........
- Boneless chicken (skinned and cubed): 1&1/2 kg.
- Garlic cloves (large): 4
- Fresh ginger (chopped): 3 tablespoons
- Tomatoes (quartered): 3 medium size
- Plain yogurt: 250gm.
- Refined oil: 180 ml
- Nutmeg: 1 teaspoon
- Almonds ( ground, blanched): 2 tablespoons
- Cardamom (ground): 1 teaspoon
- Cumin (ground): 1 teaspoon
- Coriander (ground): 1 teaspoon
- Fennel (ground): 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt: to taste
- Double cream: 125 ml
- Black pepper (coarsely ground): 2-3 teaspoon
- Coriander (finely chopped): 4 -5 tablespoons
- Grind the garlic, ginger, tomatoes and yogurt to make a fine and smooth paste.
- Combine the oil and the grinded mixture in a large heavy-bottomed pan, preferably one with a non-stick surface. Place the pan over medium-high heat, and cook. Stirring constantly to prevent sticking and burning; until the mixture reduces to a thick sauce and the fat begins to separate (about 15 minutes). It splatters some toward the end, so stay alert.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook, stirring rapidly, until they lose their pink colour and begin to sear slightly (about 5 minutes), but do not let them brown.
- Add the nutmeg, almonds, cardamom, cumin, coriander, fennel and salt, and mix well.
- Reduce heat, cover the pan and let the chicken cook in its own juices for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and continue cooking for another 15 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked).
- Stir in the cream, black pepper and coriander leaves, and turn off heat.
- Let the dish rest, covered, for at least 1 hour. When ready to serve, reheat thoroughly and serve.
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY