Hello foodies! how are you in this rainy season? here is a spacial recipe from Bangladesh, to enjoy this rain with Hilsa! Try it and do share your experience!
Hilsa with Egg Plant (Begun die Ilish macher jhol)
- Hilsa: 6 pieces
- Egg plant (small size): 6 pieces
- Green chili: 8-10 pieces
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2teaspoon
- Mustard Oil: 1Cup (150gm)
- Salt: to taste
- Wash the fishes and marinate with turmeric powder & Salt before cooking for at least 30mins.
- Full heat the oil in a pan & fry the fish for 30sec.
- In the same oil pour in the black cumin. When it smells, add the egg plants, turmeric powder and salt and then fry for 3-4min.
- When the color of egg plant should take up a bit of brownish, add 4 cup of water in it and stir well.
- Add fishes and green chillis.
- Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Take it off the flame when the fishes are well cooked.
- Serve hot with Rice or Indian plain Roti or Garlic Bread.
* This preparation would taste best when have with steamed rice.
* You may use Shad fish or Sardine fish as an alternative of Hilsa.