Hello foodies! Are you love to cook with vegetables? In the winter season, there are lots of vegetables we can find in markets. In Bengal, we have some own recipes with this fresh vegetables which can easily compete with Western soups and they are so tasty as well! Today, I’m going to share one of them. Try it and share your experiences……
Fish Curry with potato and Cabbage
- Fish (any big size):- 4 pieces
- Cabbage (small): - 1 piece.
- Potato: - 2 pieces
- Ginger paste: - 1/2 teaspoon
- Tomato (slice in four pieces):- 1 piece
- Green chili: - 3-4 pieces
- Red Chili Powder (if you want):- 1/2 teaspoon
- Kashmiri red Chili Powder: - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Powder: - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder: - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder: - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds: - 1/2 teaspoon
- Bay leaf: - 2 pieces
- Mustard / Refined Oil: - 1 Cup(150gm)
- Sugar: - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt: - to taste
- Cut the cabbage in medium cube and potatoes in 4 rectangular pieces.
- Full heat the oil in a pan and fry the fishes.
- In the same oil, pour in the bay leaves and cumin seeds.
- When it smells, add the potatoes, turmeric powder. Salt and fried still color of potatoes should take up a bit of brownish.
- Now, add the ginger paste, tomato & fry for 2-3 min.
- Add ¼ cup water with rest of the powders of ingredients, sugar and sliced cabbages. Cook for 2-3 min.
- Add about 500ml. of water and stir well.
- Add the fried fishes, green chili and mix well.
- Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Take it off the flame when the potatoes are well cook.
- Garnish with fresh green chilies and serve hot with plain rice or roti.
Tips of the day
2. Take 1 tbsp olive oil and mix with 2 tbsp of fresh cream, leave it on the face for 10 minutes and then wash your face with warm water. Your dry skin turns into soft and silky!
Good bye till the next post, coming soon! Please share your views about my blog; it’s very important to me. Also your likes and dislikes or if you want anything to know, please share here. We have started our first Giveaway in the page! Join and win big….take care and enjoy the weekend……Namaskar.