Hello foodies! How are you? Today, I’m going to share with you a Bengali recipe, which perfectly goes with hot puris in a cold evening! Try it and share your experience with me….
Chana Dal with Coconut
- Bengal gram (Chane ki Dal): 1 cup
- Coconut(cut into small pieces): ½cup,
- Green chili: 4-5
- Ginger paste: 2 tablespoon
- Cumin Seeds: 1/2teasp.
- Dry Red chili: 1
- Turmeric Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Cooking oil: 3 tablespoon
- Ghee: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: to taste
- Soak the pulses for half-an-hour before preparing
- Put the soaked pulses along with salt in a pressure cooker with ample water so that the dhal remains 1cm below the water level, cook till three whistles of the pressure cooker.
- Take out of flame, let the pressure cooker cool.
- Open the lid, add ginger paste, turmeric, sugar – mix well with the dal.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom wok and fry the coconut pieces till brownish, take out and keep aside
- In the same heated oil add the dry red chili, cumin seed and fry till then turn a darker shade. Pour the boiled dal in it. Add the fried coconuts, green chilis and little more water if required.
- Cook till the dal attains the desired consistency.
- Add the ghee before turn the gas of.
- Serve it hot with puri or luchi.
Tips of the day
- Place a betel (paan) leaf over the leftover idli and dosa batter to prevent them from becoming sour.
- Hang a peacock feather on the wall, lizards will leave your house.
Well, now time to leave! We have ended the contest ‘Foodie of the Month’, and going to start a Giveaway for you! Keep watching the blog and the page. Bye till next post......enjoy weekend with your family……Namaskar.