Hello lovely foodies! Today is a big day for me! We have reached 1k+ likes in our Facebook Fan Page yesterday! It’s really a great success for us and off course it not could be possible without you all! Thank you so much my friends for your supports and love! Stay with us always……….
Today, I’m going to start the ‘Summer Food Festival’ with a pure Bengali recipe. Lau or Gourd is a common vegetable in summer. It is a staple food in this season in India; let’s go for a new type of delicacy today……..
Lau-Chingri (Gourd with Prawn)
- Prawn: -250gm.
- Gourd (small size):-1 piece
- Potato (medium size):-2 piece
- Ginger paste: -1tablespoon
- Tomato (slice in four pieces):-1 piece
- Green chilies:-2 pieces
- Red Chili Powder (if you want):-1/2teaspoon
- Cumin Powder:-1/2teaspoon
- Coriander Powder:-1teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder:-1/2teaspoon
- Bay leaves:-2 pieces
- Cumin seeds:-½ teaspoon
- Mustard / Refined Oil:-1Cup (150gm)
- Salt:-to test
- Finely chopped the gourd, wash and take aside.
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces.
- Wash the prawns and marinate with salt and turmeric powder before cooking.
- Full heat the oil in a pan & fry the prawns for 1min. and set aside.
- In the same oil, add the bay leaves and cumin seeds, fry for 30-40 seconds.
- Now, pour in the potato, salt, turmeric powder and fry for 3-4min till it should take up a bit of brownish.
- Now, add the chopped Gourd and mix well.
- Add ¼ cup water, ginger pest, tomatoes, all the powders of ingredients, and sugar in it & cook for 2-3 min.
- Again add ¼ cup water and fried prawns and mix well.
- Cover and let it cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Take it off the flame when the potato will be well cooked.
- Serve hot with Rice or plain Roti.
- Apply lemon juice with some cold milk to your face after returning from sun. Lemon is natural bleach and it removes tan very well, caused by sun.
- Don’t wash immediately the milk-utensil after finishing the milk. Need the wheat-flour before making roti or phulke in it; it will be softer.